THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE.
Introduction to the Episode
Welcome to the seventh episode of Locals Know Best! I’m your host, Cindy. I’m a full-time RVer and lover of all things travel-related. Years of adventuring on the road have taught me one fundamental lesson; locals ALWAYS know best! Every episode of this podcast will dive into one local’s perfect day of outdoor adventure in their town!
In this episode, I’ll be talking with adventurer Brandon Perlow about his perfect two-day hiking itinerary down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and then back up!
Join Brandon and me on an engaging journey down through multiple levels of Grand Canyon National Park, exploring all of the best stops, lookouts, and places to stay along the way!
About Brandon Perlow
Brandon Perlow is an avid traveler and adventure-seeker. He’s been to all seven continents, all 50 states, and has lived abroad as well as across the country. He’s run ultramarathons, climbed Kilimanjaro, and navigated class five white water rapids. These days, he calls Arizona home with his family, and he chose Arizona in large part due to the incredible choices for outdoor adventures. Of those many options, only one reigns supreme: Grand Canyon National Park
What We Cover in This Episode
- The best time of year to hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
- The most desirable hiking route to get to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and then back up to the rim.
- An important tip you should know about water availability on the Grand Canyon corridor trails.
- The best places to stay at the top and bottom of Grand Canyon National Park.
- How to obtain permits for multi-day hiking excursions.
- How to score last-minute Phantom Ranch accommodations at the bottom of the Grand Canyon!
- One treat you can’t skip out on enjoying at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
- How to get around packing your camping stove.
- Shorter hike options for those who don’t have two days.
- The best Grand Canyon National Park picture spots.
- The optimal way to unwind after hiking to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back.
For me, there’s nothing better than getting in the car, heading up to the Grand Canyon, and spending as much time as possible there.Brandon Perlow
When you’re a thousand feet below the rim. It’s a 360-degree experience, which completely changes your perspective.Brandon Perlow
There’s not a lot of places in the world where you can walk amongst two billion-year-old rocks, just right next to you.Brandon Perlow
I don’t think there’s a bad place to take a picture of the Grand Canyon.Brandon Perlow
Grand Canyon National Park Two-Day Hiking Itinerary Map
Links to Places Mentioned in this Episode
Grand Canyon National Park Trails Mentioned in this Episode:
Grand Canyon National Park Hiking Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Grand Canyon Area Hotels & Lodging Mentioned in this Episode:
Grand Canyon National Park Lodging Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Thanks for Listening!
We love our listeners! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave me a comment below and let me know about your favorite part!
If you’ve been enjoying the show, please also consider leaving me a review in Apple Podcasts. It’s super easy; click here and go to “ratings and reviews.” I read and appreciate every single one! Each review helps new listeners find the podcast. Thank you!!
Pin it for later: